Frequently Asked Questions
What should my child bring with them each day?
For each classroom from Toddlers on up:
• Please bring extra clothes for your child in case of accidents
• Also, appropriate rain gear (boots, rain pants, coat, etc.). We play outside, even in the rain!
• Please provide a labeled water bottle for your child to have at school. This is especially important during the summer months.
• Please label all of your child’s things.
• Please read newsletters and classroom bulletin boards for pertinent information.
When is sick TOO sick for the center?
• Vomiting: 2 or more times in 24 hours
• Rash: Body rash, especially with fever or itching. Lice or nits.
• Diarrhea: 3 or more watery stools in 24 hours
• Eye Infection: Thick mucus or pus draining from the eye
• Sore Throat: With fever or swollen glands
• Feeling Yucky: Unusually tired, pale, lack of appetite, confused or cranky.
• Fever: 100 degree or higher
When your child is sick:
• Have plans for backup child care and
• Call us at 632-3200. We care and want to know what’s wrong.
What is your weather cancellation policy?
Whenever Seattle Public Schools are closed due to severe weather conditions, our center will also close. If Seattle Public Schools are on a delayed schedule, the center will open at our regular time. Should severe weather conditions occur on a day when Seattle Public Schools are not in session, the Director will decide on closure and will post on our website and create a voice mail message.
What are you tuition rates?
Click here for current tuition rates
How old does my child need to be? Do you offer part time care?
We welcome all children, 8 weeks through 5 years of age, for full-time or part-time.
The Center does not discriminate in its enrollment policies on the basis of race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disabled or Vietnam era veteran status, handicap, religion, creed or age.
How do I get my child’s name on the waiting list? What if I’m expecting?
You can submit an application. You should email our office as soon as you know that you’re expecting a child or want to get a child enrolled in the center. A $75 non-refundable application fee is assessed for all prospective parents applying to the waiting list.
How can I take a tour?
We encourage touring the Center so that you can assess whether our program is a good match for your child. To reserve a spot on a tour, please email. Tours are offered monthly. These tours are usually full months in advance.
So, what do I do once I’m on the wait list?
If you’re expecting a baby, contact the office as soon as the baby arrives and let us know any changes in the information you already provided us (e.g. child’s birth date). Please email us with any changes/additions. Also, be sure to line up additional choice for child care. Matching your needs with an opening in the center can be difficult, so please make back-up plans.
Where am I on the wait list?
WCCC receives many requests for child care placement. We have worked hard to create a consistent and fair system. As a result, the waiting list can sometimes become complex. It’s time-consuming to keep everyone informed of their exact position on the list, as circumstances are constantly changing and our focus is on providing quality child care.
Although we usually have a lengthy waiting list, the changing situations of those before you may allow you to move up quickly. Sometimes people ahead of you on the list will have found care elsewhere and/or their situation has changed by the time we call to offer a position.
If a spot is offered to you, you must notify the office within two days of notification if you would like to take the space. If we haven’t heard from you, we will move on to the next child on the list. If you do decide to accept the spot, you will be asked to turn in a registration fee plus a deposit. Completed enrollment forms must be returned to the Director or Office Manager at least one week before the start date.
Do I need to call periodically to check in?
No. Please email us with any changes/additions. Also let us know if you would like us to take you off the list.